Lufkin Educational Broadcasting Foundation (LEBF) is a God Designed, Christ Focused, Listener centered & supported, non-profit radio ministry. The ministry takes its lead from God’s son Jesus, as revealed in the Holy Scriptures. As a 501(c)3 non-profit, we’re allowed to offer our supporters the benefits of tax-deductible giving. As listener-supported Christian stations, KSWP and KAVX are able to concentrate on creating the kind of radio that encourages listeners not only to “sing along, but live along with us,” and impact lives for Christ.
- “Serve Life, Share Hope and Connect to God.”
- Lead people to Christ and nurture believers in their Faith.
- Encourage every listener to pass on the touch they received from God.
- Everything we do on KSWP/KAVX must make a difference to our listener.
- Encourage those who received that touch from God to make a difference for someone else.
- The mission of LEBF (KSWP/KAVX) is to increase the presence of God through Jesus Christ by using media like radio, internet, broadcasting and more. Our radio ministries will feature messages that promote faith in Christ and wholesome moral values based on principles found in the Bible.
- LEBF (KSWP/KAVX) is committed to excellence in radio broadcasting at every level. Our goal is to inform and empower people with knowledge that will enable them to attain to the highest quality of life. The ministry promotes unity among Christians; and actively participates in our community.
- KSWP began in 1985, we’ve used music and ministry to accomplish God’s purposes in the listener’s lives.
- KAVX began in 1998, we’ve used Teaching, Talk and Praise/Worship music to accomplish God’s purpose in listener’s lives.
How We Operate
- LEBF (KSWP/KAVX) is not part of any one denomination or church. There’s not an organization or group of organizations that is responsible for paying our bills.
- We depend on listeners from many different churches and denominations to keep us operational.
- Once to twice a year, during Sharathon, we take three days to ask listeners to supply our budget for the next fiscal year. God has been so good to us to provide for us in this way.
- We never have to run commercials (we do recognize businesses that underwrite programs); we never have to beg for support. Instead, we focus our efforts on doing radio that honors God, and trust Him to take care of the rest through our giving listeners.
- LEBF (KSWP/KAVX) is a ministry of integrity. Our volunteers, board of directors (also volunteers), and staff hold each other to high standards and live out our core values daily.
- We’re members in good standing of the Evangelical Council on Financial Accountability (ECFA) who annually requires LEBF (KSWP/KAVX) to demonstrate the highest standards of board governance, financial transparency, integrity in fundraising, and proper use of financial resources.
- You can be assured when you trust LEBF (KSWP/KAVX) with your financial gifts; we’re using them as you would want us to.
Our Core Values
The culture at KSWP/KAVX is founded upon the following core value system and carried through all elements of our commitment to this ministry:
- The Bible to be the inspired, only infallible and authoritative Word of God. (2 Tim 3:15-17, 1 Thess 2:13, 2 Peter 1:21)
- There is one true God eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Deut 6:4, Isa 43:10-11, Matt 28:18-20, Luke 3:22)
- In the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, sinless life, miracles, substitutional death on the cross, bodily resurrection, ascension to the Father and His personal return in power and glory. (Matt 1:23, Luke 1:31-32, Acts 10:37-38, Acts 2:22, Heb 7:26-27, 1 Cor 15:3-5, 2 Cor 5:21-6:1, Matt 28:6, Luke 24:39, 1 Cor 15:4-6, Acts 1:9-11, Phil 2:9-11, Heb 1:3)
- Regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential for the salvation of sinful man; a person must experience a spiritual rebirth. Only through the power of the Holy Spirit is the Christian able to live a more Godly life. (Rom 10:12-13, Eph 2:8-10, Titus 2:11, Titus 3:4-8, Rom 8:16, Eph 4:24, Titus 2:12)
- There is a resurrection of both the saved and the lost, the saved to eternal life in heaven, the lost to hell. (1 Thess 4:15-17, Rom 3:23-24, 1 Cor 15:51-52, Rev 20:11-15, Rev 21:6-8)
- Jesus Christ rose from the dead and is returning soon. (Zech 14:4-5, Matt 24:26, Matt 24:30, Rev 1:7, Rev 19:11-13)
- The Great Commission of the church is to go into the entire world and preach the Gospel to every person. (Mark 16:15, Luke 14:23, Matt 28:19-20, Acts 1:7-8, Mark 16:15 -16)
- In the spiritual unity of believers through the working of the Holy Spirit and the Lord Jesus Christ. (Eph 4:11-13, Ps 133:1, Phil 2:1-3)
- We believe in holy Christian living, and we must have concern for the hurts and social needs of our fellowmen. (Col 3:12-14, Rom 15:1-2)
- We believe we must dedicate ourselves anew to the service of our Lord and to His authority over our lives. (Col 2:9-11, Eph 6:7-8)
That’s who we are. Thanks for listening to KSWP and/or KAVX.